Identifies, acquires, and grows new relationships with business clients/prospects that have annual gross sales of up to $20MM. Creates opportunities and partners with SVP Lending to discuss appropriate business products and services and onboard clientele. Responsible for accomplishing the Credit Union’s objectives of attracting new business, expanding current commercial relationships, and cross-selling other bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Interviews loan applicants. Collects and analyzes financial data and determines general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the loan request.
- Acts as key contact for new business development opportunities that focuses on the acquisition of profitable customers.
- Understands the client needs, provide value added solutions, manage a portfolio of existing clientele and drive new commercial relationships.
- Delivers commercial banking products and services within the Credit Unions assigned market. Manages and develops commercial business market. Maintains reputation of the Credit Union with customers, prospects, referral sources, and community-based organizations. Provides commercial banking support to retail branch network and works with staff on cross-divisional issues.
- Monitors loan accounts, services accounts and collects on delinquent accounts. Ensures that loan documentation as well as required financial and collateral information is received on timely basis.
- Maintain a strong familiarity with all SBA Lending procedures to adequately maintain the guarantees required on all SBA insured loans.
- Represents the Credit Union through active participation in community and industry organizations / events and promotes the business interests of the institution.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals on a quarterly basis. Adheres to Liberty Bay Credit Union’s designated incentive plan.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Sales goals will be established annually. Year one expectation is the range of $10 Million.
- 5 or more years’ experience in commercial lending, specifically in CRE and/or C&I.
- Has expertise in Small Business Lending programs
- Experience handling problem loans and workouts
- Possesses effective sales, analytical, managerial, organizational, business development, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- Demonstrates the ability to cross-sell.
- Familiar with Credit Risk Management practices and detecting potential fraud.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to travel throughout defined market.
- Ability to work closely with others and manage workflow based on time constraints.
- Ability to apply a high degree of previously developed financial analysis and credit analysis skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- This job operates in a professional climate-controlled office environment.
- The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- The majority of this role can be performed remotely.
- Employee will need to be able to move around the office, lift files, open filing cabinets, and move items weighing less than 15lbs.
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.