Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high degree of accuracy, courtesy, and professionalism. Transactions may originate in person, mail, email, or telephone. Maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Fill in at all branches as needed.
Department: Retail Services
Essential Functions of the Position
- Greet and welcome members to LBCU in a courteous, professional, and timely manner; and provide prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions via Interactive Teller Machine.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Perform required background checks according to external regulations on non-members and on all transactions over pre-set limits.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, debit and credit cards, online banking, and money orders.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into the computer, and generate member receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to a computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
NOTE: This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. It may be supplemented from time to time as required and at the request of one’s supervisor and/or senior management.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal skills are essential for serving members, cross-selling products, and projecting a positive image as a representative of LBCU.
- Work requires general knowledge of all credit union products and services and knowledge of external rules and regulations in cash-handling transactions.
- Position requires education equivalent to four-year high school education.
- One year of cash handling and/or customer service experience is required
- Position requires the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with members or employees and to solve day-to-day problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, proportions, fractions, interest) are required.
- Position requires sitting for the majority of the day.
- This job operates in a professional climate-controlled office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Employee will need to be able to move around the office, lift files, open filing cabinets, and move items weighing less than 15lbs
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
The above information has been created to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume to Maria DiBenedetto at email@example.com.